One Autumn Day

Song: Chopin - Scherzo No. 4 Op. 54

I stare at the dried leaves as they waltz around the air, dancing their way farther from home. Along with the sightly view, I see his familiar figure. He's standing there below the tree, looking up as the leaves fall so gracefully around him. His hands are tucked safely inside his coat pocket, his gaze distant. I wish time went slower so that I could witness the scene just a little longer.
I step on too many leaves as I walk closer to him. He turns his head at the sound and smiles at me. I smile back as he offers his hand. His palm is warm against mine. I wish time went slower so that I could exist in this moment just a little longer.
We watch the leaves fall under the autumn sky. It is magical. It is divine. It is surreal. I turn my head to say that I like the way he stares at the falling leaves. He looks at them as if they were the most vulnerable thing in the world, yet the most dangerous.
But he's not there. And I am not under the autumn sky. The wind blows harder, showering me with dark colored leaves. I am alone.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top