Boredom

Writing this with Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5 in the background. Feeling really upset and just felt the urge to listen to this.
Things don’t work out most of the time. They just don’t. But it is much better to accept it as a part of life, enjoy it even. Really, life is no fun with only joy. It’s like summer all year long, which pretty much what we have here in Indonesia. It’s fun not to have to go through blizzards and constant low temperature, but you’ll eventually get bored at it. You’ll miss being annoyed by the snow blocking the road and you’ll miss scooping them away with your old shovel. And then you realize that the snow covering your garden looks so beautiful and you just want to lay down and make snow angels as delicate snowflakes fall gently from the sky, and then you forget your irritation and let the snow falls as it covers the road once more, but you don’t mind because it is just worth it. Now that isn’t so bad, is it?
Well, I’ll have to admit that it does suck when things don’t go out the way I expected, but I do feel grateful that some things led me to become a better person. I feel like I still have a lot to learn, and I’m nothing more than a flawed human being, but I’m proud of the things that I’d gone through, as it made me prepared to face whatever surprises life has in store, and it kept me away from unwarranted despair. Whatever happens, I’ll make it through. At least I believe in myself that much.
Okay so actually I’m kind of bored, hence the post. I can just spend the whole day watching movies or anime (I'm currently watching Kuroko no Basuke, I know I'm late), but I feel like I’m wasting my time. Well, except for the anime since it tests my listening skill if only I wasn’t lazy enough to not look at the subtitle all the time…
I decided to study French for fun, but it’s hard and I got kind of lazy. I thought it was harder than Japanese, but now that I think of it, Japanese was also hard to begin with. I just got used to it, so I thought it was easier. What really bothers me about French is the ‘R’ pronunciation. A friend of mine has that kind of ‘R’ and I thought she’d be perfect in French, but I think she’s not into it… I sometimes succeed with the ‘R’, though, but the problem is that I don’t always succeed. I’ll have to work on my pronunciation harder. I feel like I’m kind of good at imitating a certain pronunciation, but I’ll have to prove it to native speakers to be sure. Oh, that one time my Belgian friend who speaks Dutch taught me Dutch and she said I spoke like a Dutch!
Okay, where is this going? I’m not sure either. Sorry for the excessive amount of randomness in this post. Anyway, I’m trying to learn Grandfather’s Clock and Chopin’s Etude Op. 10 No. 3. I’m positive that I won’t be able to play the latter since I even struggle with the former. But it’s just for fun since I’m not sure how to play piano and I’m just really bored. People thought I could play just because they saw me playing Bach’s Menuett G Dur or Hadyn’s Little Serenade or the first minute of Liszt’s Liebestraume No. 3. Really, I have no idea what I’m doing myself either. I read those music scores my way and my fingering is a mess since no one ever taught me, but I’m happy, and I think that’s what matters. The problem with people thinking you could play is that they have a really high expectation on you, thinking you can play this or that piece and ask you to learn a song to accompany their bands. If only they knew…
Okay, I don’t know how many songs have passed since I always take a very long time just to write a short post like this one. Now Kreisler-Rachmaninoff’s Liebesleid is playing. This song really brings Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso feels all over again. Great anime, but it damaged my heart permanently. I like that they closed the anime with Chopin’s Ballade No. 1, but it was too heartbreaking I can’t even. Okay, this is getting too random. I’ll end this now.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top