文化交流-WasedaxUnpad

So as promised, I'm gonna write about the Bunkakouryuu event last week!

I didn't take many pictures of the event, but I did take a bunch of pictures with everyone lol I'm sorry.
The event started with this weird fashion show where the Unpad students wore yukata and Waseda students wore kebaya and that Sundanese boy attire. I wasn't supposed to be one of the models, Pia (my friend) was but she was already dressed for her Betawi dance so the committee needed a girl in Pia's place so they just snatched me when I was playing piano backstage lol.

Photo Credit : Buram
That's me on the far right lmao

After that awkward fashion show, my friends performed Saman!

Then we watched Pia performed her dance, danced Poco Poco together, and watched a slide show of our pictures during the SEND program.
After the lunch break, came the long-awaited activities!
We made onigiri, learned how to tie furoshiki, played a little game (i don't remember the name), and... what else? Anyway, here's the onigiri I made.

I'm not the best cook ok but I promise I'll learn how to cook proper meals when I'm getting married.

Okay since I have this terrible short-term memory can we just skip to some of my best memories with the Waseda students?
First, let's start with Honamin.

A very bubbly girl!

She was the first to actually start a conversation with me. I remember sitting in the cafeteria and she just came up to me and asked me stuffs and suddenly we were sitting next to each other talking about wanting to climb Mount Fuji and seblak and kwetiauw and tempeh and Idk what else???
Also, her "nyan nyan" during Saman was so cute that it became one of the things I remember most about her. When I was about to go home I cried a lot and she just asked me to take a picture with her with the "nyan" pose and I just laughed and we took the pic. I'm gonna miss her so much!

Next is Joko!
Our president.

I didn't talk to Joko a lot, but he's very friendly! I don't know if it's just because he came from Kansai, but he's one of the most outgoing of them all. I taught him Saman and forgot to teach him one part and he complained lol.
Anyway, this is the "small" takoyaki pose. Before we took the picture he said 「着物じゃなくて残念だね。」which pretty much means "It's such a shame that you're not wearing kimono anymore." It was a yukata btw. He seemed to like that yukata a lot.

Next is Gocchan!
Pardon our faces we just cried a lot.

I almost didn't talk to Gocchan if it wasn't for Kaiwa class. She was in my group and taught me a lot about hatsuon. I tried to ask her stuff I didn't understand and had trouble understanding what she said but she was really patient.
I honestly didn't think she'd remember me, but she does and she even remembered my name! When I was about to go home she gave me a letter and a pack of cute sakura-shaped sticky notes. She said 「授業のときに聞いてくれてありがとう。」while crying. Guess what, she thanked me for listening to her! It's supposed to be the other way around!!!

Next is Ricchan!

Decided to use this pic because I think we look awesome. Sorry not sorry.

Where do I even start!
All right, so when I was in the cafeteria she suddenly called my name and said hi and I was like "Wait, you remember my name?" I was really happy!
We didn't really talk until we went to de Ranch but we didn't even talk much there either. We kinda started talking when we were in Ciwalk while queuing in the bathroom! She asked me how long my eyelashes are (Honamin also asked this question lol) and I said 2 cm and she was shocked and I just laughed.
In her letter, she said 「かわいいナデイア大好き。」"I love the cute Nadya." and I was like awwww. Btw the "i" in my name written in katakana is supposed to be a small "i" but I don't know how to type it here on my laptop lmao.

Last but not least, Sasuga!

Honestly, I didn't think I'd even talk to him at all. But it seemed like the universe wanted me to. We talked before Ochakai (tea party) when he taught me how to take off my shoes in the genkan. Then after Ochakai I was in his group so we talked again. We were supposed to talk about tea but we ended up talking about ramen shop, seblak (famous topic among Waseda students?), etc.
On Saturday we met again and spent a lot of time together along with Femi. He taught me a lot! He wrote the kanji 薔薇 in my notebook and said not many Japanese can write it (well, it looks hard) and taught me about some other kanjis and words like bokin, tsubusu, etc.
I'm glad that I became his friend! He voluntarily wants to show us around when Femi and I go to Japan.
Oh, by the end of the event he gave me a letter and said that if I couldn't understand what he said in the letter I should just look it up and study 笑

Extra picture
Joko's favorite Saman pose

Thank you for the letters and souvenirs! I also got some sweets from Ricchan but I ate them all haha. There was also a manjuu! It's been a while since the last time I ate a manjuu, it reminded me of my childhood.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top